University of Maryland, College Park
Master of Arts, Education Policy and Social Foundations, 2007
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Linguistics, 1981
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Graduate Certificate, Writing and Publications, 1984
Program Coordinator of the Voluntary System of Accountability, Association for Public and Land-grant Universities, Washington, DC May 2009 – September 2011.
- Maintained and developed websites for Voluntary System and its product, the College Portraits.
- Coordinated and developed annual forums and workshops, including hotel site and speaker arrangements
- Developed and distributed logo and marketing materials and communication means such as newsletters, emails, webinar series, physical artifacts such as folders and letterhead, etc.
- Managed membership data and annual membership drive
Project Manager (contractual position), Discovery Educators Network website and unitedstreaming.com administrative tools, Discovery Communications Inc., Silver Spring, MD September 2005 – May 2006
- Managed creation of K-12 teacher’s community website including blogs, discussion boards, lesson plan development and sharing, news, interactive calendars and event registration
- Managed upkeep and upgrades to administrative tools for popular K-12 curriculum website
Senior Software Developer, Discovery Communications Inc.,Silver Spring,MD, August 2004-September 2005
Corporate Trainer, Oracle Corporation,Bethesda,MD, October 2000-August 2004
- Trained clients and created curriculum
- Oracle Lead Instructor,OracleAcademy high school outreach program. I continue to be available to this program as a consultant.
Director of Student Affairs,WestwoodCollege of Technology, Denver, CO, January 2000-August 2000
- Managed staff for admissions, student records, career development, and student life
- Taught career development
Education Services Coordinator,WestwoodCollege of Technology, Denver, CO, February 1999-December 1999
- Managed student life, academic counseling for night school programs
Department Chair, Anatomy and Physiology Department, Consolidated Health Institutes Denver, CO, 1992-1999
- Taught both anatomy and physiology classes, as well as electives and workshops
- Created department staffing and development plans
Freelance Writer, prior to 1999
- Wrote for multiple popular publications on sports, health, fitness, and martial arts
Research Apprentice, Prince George’s County ISIS Initiative Implementation Study with Dr. Betty Malen and Dr. Donna Muncey, fall 2006. Referenced in Urgent Work in Progress: The First year of the ISIS Initiative, prepared by Dr. Malen et al., September 2007
Teacher Perceptions of the Oracle Academy, Masters seminar final project, spring 2007
Original research (teacher interviews and analysis)
What Are The Costs To Implement The Oracle Academy Program In A High School?,
Teacher surveys required successful IRB application
Academic Conferences Attended
Paper Presenter, Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education E-Learn 2007.
Guest speaker, Voices of Future Education Policy Leaders, Graduate Student Association Conference, March 2007.
Peer Reviewer, International Journal of Leadership in Education Graduate Student Manuscript Contest 2005 – 2007.
Member, American Education Finance Association
Member, International Society for Technology in Education.
Member, American Education Research Association.
Attendee, Cyberethics, Cybersafety, and Cybersecurity: Educational Technology Policy, Research and Outreach, October 2007 and October 2004.
French (written and read)
Coursework exposure: French, Russian, Latin, Greek, Old English, Old French, Tagalog, Quechua, Swahili, Bantu
Achievements, Honors, Volunteer Experience
Completed a marathon and raised $4700 for cancer research and patient support, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, April 2007.
Oracle Certified Associate Developer certification, 8i and 9i, 2001-present.
Oracle Gold Club (highest division honor), 2001-2004.
Employee of the Term,WestwoodCollege, 1998.