FIND ME ONLINE
- Effective project coordinator good at managing multiple goals with a varied team
- Excellent analysis and procedural skills; comfortable working with complex regulatory and strategic guidelines
- Published author: strong, concise writer for broad audiences with good research skills ; comfortable with peer review; able to “tell the story” to specific readership
- Solid technical (application, Office, relational database, and online tools) and interpersonal skills
EXPERIENCEOracle America, Inc. Reston, VA Proposal Manager September 2011-present
Business development for the Cloud Services Public Sector group of the world’s largest software and hardware company. http://www.oracle.com/us/products/ondemand/index.html
Coordinate teams to create business proposals for Oracle’s Cloud Services Public Sector group. Work with sales reps, legal advisors, contract analysts, solution managers, pricing specialists, and others to create service packages that meet the needs of entities ranging from the U.S. Government to local cities and counties for cloud services, hosting Oracle software at Oracle, Partner, or customer data centers. Frequently work with Oracle Consulting Services and Oracle Licensing, as well as Oracle Partner companies.Voluntary System of Accountability Washington, DC Project Coordinator May 2009-Sept. 2011
A higher education initiative sponsored by the Association for Public and Land-grant Universities and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
- Built initiative from approx. 250 to +330 institutions, raising Alexa (online visibility) number from +2M to ~50K without advertising budget.
- Wrote annual grant report and most participant materials.
- Managed and developed web presence for 300+ College Portraits. Updated two VSA websites as well as one parent association web page and Facebook page.
- Organized and hosted monthly webinars with high-visibility presenters on college access issues, posting presentation materials to website afterward.
- Wrote and edited quarterly electronic newsletter, prepared annual report to membership and Board.
- Managed annual summer meetings including contract negotiations and event promotions. Maintained conference website and posted presentation materials online.
- Monitored current legislative and policy environments and communicated them to project participants; assisted development of products useful to participants in current economic and legislative environments.
- Responsible for outreach, promotion, dues invoicing, membership billing, and participant support.
- Primary contact for both parent associations, Board members, and all participants; first responder for technical issues.
Post-Masters short-term positions in Education. Robert Half Int’l includes Office Team and Accountemps. I am “top-level talent” and have had various assignments from both divisions. http://www.rhi.com/AboutUs
- Produced online training and e-learning support up to eight classes a week for Deloitte’s E-Learning system, training trainers, managing the technology and production cycle, while being sensitive to internal organizational needs
- Implemented payment systems for Envision EMI’s Inaugural Leadership programs
- Upgraded active factory inventory systems using complex Excel formulae
IT contracting company provides IT professionals in the DC Metro area. On my assignment at Discovery Communications, I developed subscriber income software and managed educational website development lifecycles from initial launch forward. Comsuys is now part of Experis: http://experis.com/
- Designed, built, and tested Affiliated Management System (AMS) as part of IT development team. AMS manages 60% of total income for all Discovery Channel networks
- Produced education websites for grades K-12, including Discovery Educators Network, the administrative module for unitedstreaming.com, and a profit-bearing portal product.
- Primary project liaison for multiple departments and contractors. Most of IT team was remote to division headquarters.
- Managed RFP process, contractors, project scheduling, and key stakeholder relationships
- Brought in up to $3 million a year instructing for Oracle Education/Oracle University (OU)
- Taught full time in-class and online courses on Oracle products, programming languages, and data modeling. Maintained consistent 98% customer satisfaction rating
- Global lead for Discoverer and Reports application courses
- Assisted development of textbook database for OU North America
- Supervised up to 15 instructors, developed and tested curriculum and examinations, instructed up to 100 international high school teachers for Oracle Academy, a high school outreach program at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Acted as primary project liaison between Education instructors and Academy program staff
- Achieved Oracle 8i and 9i Certified Associate Developer status
Accredited private vocational college offering accelerated bachelor’s degrees. I managed programs for 700-900 students and assisted the Director of Education. http://westwoodcollegecolorado.com/
Hired, trained and managed team for career services, admissions, graduation, student records, student housing, academic advising, honors programs, and student life activities at South Campus. Primary liaison with other campuses in multiple states.
- Supervised ACCSCT (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) accreditation cycle in student Affairs at South Campus
- Produced extensive reporting on departmental activities
- Education Coordinator (night dean) at North Campus responsible for all student academic needs for 900+ baccalaureate-seeking students taking night classes
- Significantly increased retention and graduation rates: night school attrition reduced from +30% to 5% for 700 night students at one campus; from 30% to 18% for 900 day and night students at another
- Developed and administered course assessments
Private accredited vocational college offering health-related curricula. I developed curriculum and hiring requirements, a growth plan, and supervised instructors. http://www.mtic.edu/front_page http://www.cstcm.edu/
- Managed team of 6-8 instructors and created growth plan and HR policies for the department
- Developed and taught courses in Anatomy and Physiology, kinesiology, bookkeeping, business development, ergonomics, ethics, and local/national licensure requirements
- Developed final examinations and milestone testing
- Served as guest speaker to many community, corporate, and non-profit groups including Coors Brewing Co. Health Center, Denver Chamber of Commerce, and Colorado Risk Management Association annual meeting
Master of Arts, Education Policy and Research (higher ed focus), University of Maryland at College Park http://www.education.umd.edu/EDHI/academics/olps.html
Graduate Certificate, Editing and Publications, Georgetown University, Washington, DC http://scs.georgetown.edu/departments/5/center-for-continuing-and-professional-education/programs.cfm
Bachelor of Arts (Interdisciplinary) with honors, Linguistics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA http://artsandsciences.virginia.edu/linguistics/index.html
RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Publish monographs and articles on historical research for peer-reviewed journals Compleat Anachronist and Tournaments Illuminated, both quarterlies. Have published articles on martial arts and sports training in the past for magazines including Martial Arts Training, Black Belt, Rocky Mountain Sports and Fitness, and Windy City Sports.
- Supervise events, internal projects and outreach for local branch of an historical enactment society http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org
- Presented original research paper at Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education’s E-Learn 2007 in Quebec, Canada (completed IRB process as part of project) http://www.editlib.org/p/26508
- Paper presenter, Voices of Future Education Policy Leaders, Graduate Student Association Conference, March 2007
- Guest speaker onOracleAcademyas College Strategy, Graduate Student Forum, 2007
- Peer Reviewer, International Journal of Leadership in Education Graduate Student Manuscript Contest, 2005 – 2007
- Past member, American Education Finance Association, International Society for Technology in Education, and Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Past achievements include: championship Irish dancer, marathon finisher, Outward Bound instructor, nationally competitive homebrewer
- Teach, organize class tracks, mentor, publish research for historical enactment society http://www.sca.org http://atlantia.sca.org
- Event organizer for historical enactments for up to 450 people working with team of 20+ volunteers; organize seminars and workshops for up to 200 people for APLU
- Raised $5,000 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 2007 completing Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in Nashville, Tennessee http://www.teamintraining.org
- Volunteer at agencies such as WAMU public radio, Calvary Women’s Services, Northwoods Community Association, and Literacy Volunteers of DC