|Silver Spring, Maryland
OBJECTIVE Proposal Manager
- More than twenty years of successfully building departments and programs, improving infrastructure while increasing revenue and engagement.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and dispersed teams of professionals to successfully complete projects.
- Excellent analysis and procedural skills; fast learner, comfortable working within complex regulatory and strategic guidelines.
- Exemplary ability to research effectively for content and technical information.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and interview skills, both technical and expository, particularly for targeted audiences. Able to “tell the story”.
- Experienced in leveraging social media and SEO; basic website maintenance skills.
- Coordinated, edited and/or contributed to successful public sector proposal responses resulting in $42.6m in contracts for Oracle Managed Cloud Services in FY2013. Wrote RFPs for Discovery Education and managed selection and contracting process.
- Write or capture and edit technical material for online proposal repository. Redesigned repository for easier document access.
- Increased Voluntary System of Accountability (national education initiative) membership 33%, increasing revenue, encouraging member engagement, improved College Portraits online visibility. Lowered Alexa (online visibility) number from +2M to ~50K without advertising budget. Initiated, wrote and produced quarterly electronic membership newsletter for Voluntary System of Accountability, monitoring legislative, economic trends and program news of interest to membership.
- Generated up to $3 million a year instructing for Oracle Education/Oracle University (OU). Achieved Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and CASE data modeling competence after ten weeks training.
- Significantly increased retention and graduation rates at Westwood College of Technology Denver campuses: night school attrition reduced from +30% to 5% for 700 night students at South Campus; from 30% to 18% for 900 day and night students at North Campus.
- Produced online training and e-learning support up to eight classes a week for Deloitte’s E-Learning system, training trainers, managing the technology and production cycle for diverse lines of business. Taught online technical courses for Oracle University, where I maintained 98% customer satisfaction rating over 4.5 years.
- Managed development and launch of two education websites for Discovery Education, including Discovery Educators Network, and development of a profit-generating portal product.
- Successfully tested newly developed curriculum and classroom application for software upgrades to Oracle Discoverer and Reports applications, coordinating with geographically distributed development team.
- Supervised ACCSCT (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) accreditation cycle in Student Affairs and Student Records at South Campus.
- Led Oracle Instructor group for Oracle Academy. Supervised up to 15 instructors, developed and tested curriculum and examinations, instructed over 100 international high school teachers on campus at California Polytechnic University.
- Hired, trained and managed team of five for career services, admissions, graduation, student records, student housing, academic advising, honors programs, and student life activities at South Campus. Primary liaison to other national campuses.
- Developed anatomy and physiology department for Consolidated Health Institutes, including hiring policies, growth plan, curriculum and textbook choices, milestone testing and final examinations, supervising department of 6-8 instructors.
- Contributed to design, development, and testing of Discovery Communication’s Affiliated Management System (AMS) to manage 60% of network total income.
- Managed annual summer seminars on education accountability, including contract negotiations, speaker logistics, event promotions, and registration. Maintained conference webpages.
- Developed, coordinated, managed and provided user assistance for more than three hundred College Portrait college web pages, updated two program websites, one parent association website and program Facebook page.
- Designed, developed, promoted and hosted monthly webinar series with high-visibility guest presenters. Familiar with several web conferencing tools, including Webex, Raindance, and Citrix.
- More than 20 published monographs, paid articles and guest blog posts on a wide variety of topics.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Member, Association of Proposal Management Professionals
Master of Arts, Education Policy and Research, University of Maryland at College Park http://www.education.umd.edu/EDHI/academics/olps.html
Graduate Certificate, Editing and Publications, Georgetown University, Washington, DC http://scs.georgetown.edu/departments/5/center-for-continuing-and-professional-education/programs.cfm
Bachelor of Arts (Interdisciplinary) with honors, Linguistics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA http://artsandsciences.virginia.edu/linguistics/index.html
Invited Speaker at 2013 European Beer Bloggers Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland
Oracle 8i and 9i Certified Associate Developer
Invited Speaker at 2007 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education’s E-Learn in Quebec, Canada http://www.editlib.org/p/26508
Invited Speaker at 2007 Voices of Future Education Policy Leaders, Graduate Student Association Conference
Invited Evaluator at 2005, 2006, and 2007 International Journal of Leadership in Education, Graduate Student Manuscript Contest
Invited Speaker at 2007 Graduate Student Forum
Invited Speaker from 1992-1998 to many community, corporate, and non-profit groups including Coors Brewing Co. Health Center, Denver Chamber of Commerce, and Colorado Risk Management Association annual meeting.
Website http://www.elspethpayne.com. Maintain supporting StumbleUpon, Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook accounts